See rice fields on a bike in Thailand.
Try a camel ride in Jordan.
Get a global education with St. Kate's
faculty. Many come from other countries.
Study-abroad programs have become almost commonplace for college students, especially at private colleges and universities, but the St. Catherine approach has a distinctive spin.
We are committed to helping you integrate an international experience into your personal, academic and career goals. We offer a diverse more than 150 study abroad programs — semester, yearlong, January and summer options — in more than 50 countries.
Currently, about 22 percent of the University's students study off campus — in countries such as Italy, Argentina, Japan, India, Switzerland and New Zealand.
Visit the Global Studies website for more information.
A sample of our offerings...
One of our study abroad affiliates is the Higher Education Consortium for Urban Affairs (HECUA), a group of upper Midwest colleges and universities that sponsors two domestic and four international field-learning programs.
HECUA programs include
- City Arts — based in the Twin Cities
- Community Internships in Latin America — based in Quito, Ecuador
- Culture and Society in Latin America — based in Guatemala with travel to Puerto Rico
- Metro Urban Studies Term — based in the Twin Cities
- Sccandinavian Urban Studies Term — based in Oslo, Norway, with study in Stockholm, Sweden; Tallin, Estonia; and selected regions of Norway.
Visit the HECUA website for more information.
If you're from one of these colleges...
Students who attend one of the colleges founded by the Sisters of St. Joseph may enrich their educational experience by participating in a student exchange program for a semester or a year:
- Avila University, Kansas City, MO
- Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, PA
- Elms College, Chicopee, MA
- Fontbonne University, St. Louis, MO
- Mount St. Mary's College, Los Angeles, CA
- Regis College, Weston, MA
- St. Catherine University, St. Paul, MN
- St. Joseph College of New York, Brooklyn/Brentwood, NY
- College of St. Rose, Albany, NY
Learn more about the student exchange program at The Association of Colleges of Sisters of St. Joseph.