Other Scholarships and Funding Sources

Some financial aid awards require separate application beyond the St. Kate’s application procedure, especially outside scholarships for which you may be eligible from church affiliations and professional and civic organizations. We encourage you to apply directly to the following organizations for additional scholarship and grant assistance.

A free scholarship search service.

Sumasil Foundation
P.O. Box 758, Stillwater, MN 55082.
Funds awarded to independent students with clearly defined goals of self-sufficiency. Based on financial need.

Catholic Aid Association
Catholic Aid Association, 3499 North Lexington Ave., St. Paul, MN 55126
Funds awarded to policyholders based on financial need; academic merit, extracurricular involvement.

Anna Kuhl Foundation 
Citizen's Scholarship Foundation of America, 1505 Riverview Rd., P.O. Box 297, St. Peter, MN 56082
Funds awarded to St. Paul-area students who attend Twin Cities colleges. Based on academics, need, career plans.

Minnesota Indian Scholarship Program 
Grants Specialist, Minnesota Department of Education, 1500 Highway 36 West, Roseville, MN  55113.
Minnesota residency. One-fourth American Indian ancestry. Need as established on the FAFSA.

Bureau of Indian Affairs/Tribal Indian Scholarships
Contact local Bureau of Indian Affairs or Tribal Education office.
One-fourth American Indian ancestry and be enrolled with a federally recognized tribe. Need as established on the FAFSA.

Minnesota Safety Officers’ Survivor Program
Minnesota Transfer Education Services Office 
1450 Energy Park Dr., Suite 350
St. Paul, MN 55108-5227
Minnesota residency. Dependent child of a public safety officer killed in the line of duty.

Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet (CSJ)
Sisters of St. Joseph, 1884 Randolph Avenue, St. Paul, MN 55105
For nieces of CSJs who attend St. Catherine.

Tozer Foundation
Tozer Foundation, 104 North Main St., Stillwater, MN 55052
Residents of Washington, Pine and Kanabec counties in Minnesota.

Tuition Remission
St. Catherine University offers four tuition benefit plans for dependents of benefit-eligible (at least .75 FTE) faculty and staff. Eligible dependents include children under the age of 24 and spouses.

These programs typically pay between 75–100 percent of tuition, and include the Associate Colleges of the Twin Cities (ACTC) Tuition Exchange, the Catholic College Cooperative Tuition Exchange Program (CCCTE), the Council of Independent Colleges Tuition Exchange program (CIC-TEP) and the Tuition Exchange, Inc.

Families are required to file the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid); any state, federal or institutional grants or scholarships are deducted from the remission amount.

Veterans Benefits
MN Dept. of Veterans Affairs, 4th Fl. Veterans Service Bldg., 200 W. 12th St., St. Paul, MN 55155 or Minnesota Army and Air National Guard, (651) 282-4508 (http://www.ngamn.org)
Veterans, dependents and members of the National Guard and Reserve may qualify for grants and/or loan repayment.

Vocational Rehabilitation
Department of Economic Security nearest you, or in Minnesota, call (651) 296-5616. TTY (651) 296-3900 or (800) 657-3973
Counseling, services and funding are available for students with disabilities.