International Student Scholarships
A majority of our international students receive a scholarship to attend St. Catherine. We encourage you to submit your scholarship application with your application for admission.
General scholarship conditions
- Full scholarships are not available. We are also unable to assist applicants in finding sponsors.
- On campus jobs are available in addition to scholarships. Students can earn approximately $2,500 per academic year by working 12 hours per week.
Application and Eligibility
- Students must apply for scholarships upon application for admission to St. Catherine University. In order to be considered, applicants must complete the International Student Financial Aid Application and the Certification of Finances form.
- Students must provide proof of funds available before applying for a scholarship.
- Applications for scholarships are due by March 15 for entrance in the fall semester or by Oct. 15 for entry in the winter semester.
- Scholarship decisions will not be made before the student is admitted to the university.
- Admission to St. Catherine University is not dependent upon financial resources, but immigration papers for the student to get her visa or transfer her F-1 status will not be issued unless the necessary funds are available for her educational expenses.
Scholarships for first-year and transfer international students
International Student Scholarship
- $1,000–$17,000 per year while enrolled full time.
- This scholarship is awarded to female, undergraduate students enrolled in the day program. Scholarships are based primarily on academic achievement and financial need.
- Scholarships are applied to tuition, room and board if the student lives at the university.
- Most international student scholarships are based on the student taking four classes per semester and living on campus. Scholarships will be reduced if a student takes fewer classes or lives off campus.
Alumnae Referral Scholarship
- A one-time scholarship of $600.
- This scholarship is awarded to every accepted student who receives an Alumnae Referral Card from an alumna of the University. The card must be submitted with her admission application.
Family Scholarship for Mother/Daughter or Siblings
- Each family member receives $1,000 per year for up to four years.
- Mothers and daughters or siblings who are simultaneously enrolled at the University as full-time undergraduate day Weekend College or associate degree students and are members of the same household are eligible for this scholarship.
- $2,000 per year for four years.
- Daughters or granddaughters of St. Catherine alumnae are eligible for this scholarship.
- $3,000 per year for four years
- Students who have both a mother and grandmother who graduated from St. Catherine are eligible for this scholarship.
The Bonnie Hyland Umeh Excellence in Leadership Scholarship
- This scholarship is for a female undergraduate student with Nigerian citizenship and ranges between $1,000–$3,000 annually.
- This scholarship is intended to increase the diversity of the St. Catherine’s student body and encourage leadership of Nigerian women.
- $1,500 annually
- This scholarship is awarded to female, undergraduate international students enrolled in the day program who submit a letter of recommendation from the EducationUSA advisor in their home country.
- $1,500 annually
- This scholarship is awarded to female, bachelor's-level international students enrolled in the day program who have completed Level 110 or higher (with a B average gpa) at any ELS Educational Services Center.
- $1,500 annually
- This scholarship is awarded to female, undergraduate international students enrolled in the day program who have completed English language studies at Global Language Institute in St. Paul, Minnesota. The recipient must complete the Accelerated Level and obtain a letter of recommendation from GLI staff.
Scholarships for international transfer students
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarship
- $3,000 renewable scholarship.
- Eligibility: Phi Theta Kappa member enrolled full-time and does not have a previous bachelor’s degree. First-year students who just graduated from high school are not eligible for this scholarship. Phi Theta Kappa is an honor society for students enrolled in U.S. community colleges.