LPN to RN Mobility Program Requirements effective for students beginning NURSING1260 - January 2013
After admission to the university, a student must meet the following requirements to apply to begin associate nursing courses:
- Currently enrolled as an associate pre-nursing student on the St. Catherine Minneapolis campus
- Valid LPN license with six months recent experience and letter of recommendation
- Good academic standing, with an overall grade-point average (GPA) of 2.5 - this includes ALL courses taken within the last 10 years including any failed courses
- 2.5 prerequisite GPA - this includes the following courses:
- General Anatomy & Physiology
- Advanced Anatomy & Physiology
- Microbiology - if completed
- General Psychology
- The following courses cannot be taken more than 5 years prior to entering the University to be considered for transfer:
- General Anatomy and Physiology
- Advanced Anatomy and Physiology
- Lifespan Psychology
- Foundation course work completed with a 'C' or better; all students will take the COMPASS test as a pre-nursing student to determine if foundation (FNDN) coursework is required
- All Pre-nursing students entering the University will take the Compass Math test for placement. Based on their score they will either:
- Place into FNDN 0600, take FNDN0600 and then take MATH 1000
- Place into MATH 1000 and take MATH1000
There is a limit of one repeat per prerequisite courses for a maximum of 2 prerequisite courses taken within the last 5 years. Please note that a grade of 'W' (withdrawal) counts as a repeat.
* LPN applicants who meet the above stated requirements are qualified to enter the LPN to RN Mobility Program transition to the professional nursing courses and will be provided 12 credits advanced standing.
* If transferring from another institution, course must be completed at an institution accredited by the Higher Learning Commission.