St. Kate’s music theater major is for students who want to study the relationship between music and theater, and are interested in learning about on-stage performance, orchestra pit or backstage work.
Student Heidi Robertson is pursuing a double major in music theater and studio art. Others also have successfully paired music theater with other fields of study.
- MUS 1130: Music Skills I
- MUS 1150: The Art of Listening or MUS 2180: World Music
- MUS 2130: Music Skills II
- THR 2140: Acting: Leadership in Performance
- THR 2150: Directing: Event Production
- THR 2310: Dance for Musical Theater
- MUS 3350: Women and Music
- THR 4994: Topics: Survey of Musical Theater
- THR 4994: Topics: Senior Research and Performance Project
- 4 semesters of lessons, 1000 or 2000 level (1 cr./semester)
- 4 semesters music ensemble (1 cr./semester)
- participation in four productions (at least two of which are musicals)
For detailed course descriptions, visit the catalog.