Goals and Objectives
1. Education: To empower students to become leaders in the information professions.
- To provide a rigorous curriculum that ensures general competencies and specializations in the fields of library and information science and encompasses ethical leadership, critical thinking, technological fluency and diverse perspectives.
- To recruit, retain and support a highly-qualified, diverse student body.
- To recruit, retain and support a talented, dedicated and diverse faculty who are excellent teachers as well as active participants in the library and information science professions.
- To provide a quality learning environment for students and faculty.
2. Research: To contribute knowledge to advance the discipline and improve practice.
- To create new knowledge.
- To disseminate research results.
- To create and nurture a productive research environment.
- To promote students' research.
3. Service: To use our expertise to serve, lead, and collaborate with our communities.
- To increase awareness of our program's identity and purpose to better serve our communities.
- To serve, lead, and collaborate within the department and across academic units of St. Catherine University.
- To serve, lead, and collaborate with academic and professional communities at the local, national, and international levels.
- To serve, lead, and collaborate with community partners.
4. Sustaining Environment: To ensure excellence in the Program's foundations and resources to enable it to achieve its goals and objectives.
- To ensure ongoing planning within the MLIS program and St. Catherine University, as well as among partner institutions and individuals.
- To ensure ongoing support for the program's learning and research environment.