St. Kate’s MBA: Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC)
Businesses need professionals with management expertise who understand how to integrate a variety of tools — from traditional media to social networks — to tell their stories, engage their audiences, build their brands and deliver on the bottom line. Many businesses lack the ability to ensure that the full range of today’s media — including social and other digital media — are designed well, executed effectively and aligned with business strategy.
St. Catherine University offers Minnesota’s only MBA with an Integrated Marketing Communications concentration.
Graduates will work in marketing communications, public relations, advertising, marketing management and related functions in businesses and other organizations, in agency settings or as independent consultants.
In 11 core courses, you’ll develop the practice-ready skills you need to move ahead as a manager, informed by the innovative spirit that characterizes a St. Catherine education. Three additional courses for the IMC concentration will help you gain real-world tools for managing the modern marketing mix, including creating digital campaigns in a variety of platforms, writing for social media, search engine optimization (SEO), website analytics and mobile applications.
Courses for the Integrated Marketing Communication concentration:
- Creative Strategy and Innovation
- Branding and Digital Storytelling
- Social Business: Engagement, Search and Analytics
Core MBA courses
- Managing Teams for Quality and Competency
- Financial Accounting and Analysis
- Management Accounting for Decision Makers
- Marketing Management
- Advanced Analytical Techniques for Business Decision Making
- Strategic Integrated Marketing Communications
- Operational Excellence
- Financial Management in the Global Economy
- Global Perspectives on Talent Management and Regulatory Compliance
- Practicum: Applied Capstone Project
For detailed course descriptions, see the St. Catherine University graduate catalog.
Our faculty members are experienced in their disciplines and connected to regional business networks.
Courses are offered through blended online and face-to-face instruction at convenient St. Paul and Minneapolis locations. You’ll learn alongside a cohort of other students in concentrated 7.5-week courses. Find out more about how the 24-month St. Kate’s MBA is offered.